Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About the Library Research Units
Go to the LRUs on Laulima
Why do the Library Research Units?
- Introduce you to the College Research Process
- To save time and hassle by improving your ability to find good information fast for any reason
Unit One: The Library
- The Library: Services, resources, and policies
- The Library Catalog
Unit Two: Analyzing and Searching
- Analyzing: The research question, keywords, & strategies
- Searching: Finding magazine & journal articles
Unit Three: Evaluating & Attributing Sources
- Evaluating information
- Attributing sources
What’s the Process?
- Login to the Library Research Units (LRU) on Laulima. You can also access via the link on the WCC Library home page; Click on the LRU Quick Link and log in with your UH username and password.
- Go through the study guides. Begin with module 1.1 and read the module. Return to the LRU home page and work through the next module.
- Take the Unit 1 Exam. Find the link on the LRU home page.
- You have two hours from the time you begin to complete 15 questions.
- You need to get at least 10 out of 15 points for credit.
- You can take the exam twice, initially, with a no wait between attempts.
- If you need another chance, ask a librarian to review the exam with you. The librarian will then re-release the exam to you (repeat as needed).
- Only your highest score counts.
- Do Units 2 and 3. Each unit has study guides and an Exam, just like Unit 1.
- If you have questions or technical issues, see a librarian or call 235-7338 during open hours.
- Your instructor will set the deadline(s) for you to complete the Library Research Unit.
- Librarians keep your scores on file for 3 years.
- If you did the Library Research Units in the previous three years, a librarian will transfer your scores.
Windward Community College Library • 45-720 Keaʻahala Rd. • Kāneʻohe, HI 96744
Content: Windward Community College Library