Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About This Guide
We welcome you to the Library!
Librarian Tara will be your guide, today. She will:
Show you collections of Quotations
Show you ways to find Biographical Information
Show you ways to find Images, Audio & Videos
Show you two ways to Evaluate Information
Show you some books on making great Presentations
Choose an inspirational quote and create a 5-minute presentation. The content of your presentation will be evaluated for your IS 103 grade (25 points) and the technical portion of your presentation will be evaluated for your ICS 101 grade (25 points).
IS 103 Requirements:
- Who wrote/said the quote?
- Explain the tie period of the quote.
- Explain the context of the quote.
- What is it about this quote that inspires you?
ICS 101 Requirements:
- We covered Microsoft PowerPoint in class. Choose a DIFFERENT presentation software (Google Slides, Prezi, Haiku Deck, etc.) and use the skills you learned in PowerPoint to create your presentation .
- Must include at least 3 sources
- Must include at least 5 images
- One of these may be a video, but you may only play 30 seconds at the most.
- Must include a bibliography (Works Cited)
- In the Answer Box provided by your instructor, state what application you used and write at least one paragraph about similarities and one paragraph about differences you noticed between the two applications .
Get help via telephone, text, email, chat (Ask a Librarian), and videoconference:
Monday - Thursday: 8am to 8pm
Friday: 8am to 4pm
Monday - Friday: 9am to 1pm
Walk-up appointments are required for computer stations and study tables.
Library Lanai Services
Monday - Friday: 9am to 4pm
Windward Community College Library • 45-720 Keaʻahala Rd. • Kāneʻohe, HI 96744
Content: Windward Community College Library