Skip to main content
About the Library Research Unit
Go to the LRU's on Laulima
Why do the Library Research Units?
- Introduce you to the College Research Process
- To save time and hassle by improving your ability to find good information fast for any reason
Part One: The Library
- The Library: Services, resources, & policies
- The Library Catalog
Unit Two: Analyzing and Searching
- Analyzing: The research question, keywords, & strategies
- Searching: Finding magazine & journal articles
Unit Three: Evaluating & Attributing Sources
- Evaluating information
- Attributing sources
What’s the Process?
- Login to the Library Research Units (LRU's) on Laulima. You can also access via the link on the WCC Library homepage; Click on the LRU Quick Link and log in with your UH username and password.
- Go through the study guides. Begin with module 1.1 and read the study guide. Return to the LRU home page and work through the next study guide.
- Take the Unit 1 Quiz. Find the link on the LRU home page.
- You have two hours from the time you begin to complete 15 questions.
- You need to get at least 10 out of 15 points for credit.
- You can take the quiz twice, initially, with a no wait between attempts.
- If you need another retake, ask a librarian to review the quiz with you. The librarian will then re-release the quiz to you (repeat as needed).
- Only your highest score counts.
- Do Units 2 and 3. Each unit has two study guides and a Quiz, just like Unit 1.
- If you have questions or technical issues, see a librarian or call 808-235-7338 during open hours.
- Your instructor sets your deadline(s) for you to complete the Library Research Unit.
- If you completed any Library Research Units within the previous three years, a librarian will transfer your score(s).
- Earlier scores do not transfer because library resources & curricula change over time.
Windward Community College Library