Skip to main content
About the Library Research Unit
Why do the Library Research Units?
- Introduce you to the College Research Process
- To save time and hassle by improving your ability to find good information fast for any reason
What’s the Process?
- Go through the study guides. Begin with module 1.1 and read the study guide. Then work through the next study guide.
- Take the Unit 1 Quiz in Laulima. Find the link on the LRU home page.
- You have two hours from the time you begin to complete 15 questions.
- You need to get at least 10 out of 15 points for credit.
- You can take the quiz twice, initially, with a no wait between attempts.
- If you need another retake, ask a librarian to review the quiz with you. The librarian will then re-release the quiz to you (repeat as needed).
- Only your highest score counts.
- Do Units 2 and 3. Each unit has two study guides and a Quiz, just like Unit 1.
- If you have questions or technical issues, see a librarian or call 808-235-7338 during open hours.
- Your instructor sets your deadline(s) for you to complete the Library Research Unit.
- If you completed any Library Research Units within the previous three years, a librarian will transfer your score(s).
- Earlier scores do not transfer because library resources & curricula change over time.
Windward Community College Library