Skip to main content
Hawaiian Collection Policy
The Hawaiian Collection contains rare, out-of-print, and hard to obtain materials which must be protected from theft and damage. The Hawaiian Collection room is open only during posted hours and to visitors by advanced appointment.
- Visitors must leave all purses, backpacks, and other bags outside the room. Only paper, pencils, and electronic devices are allowed in the room.
- A scanner and a copier are available in the room.
Hawaiian Collection items may be requested at the Circulation Services Desk.
- Items will be retrieved from the collection as staff is available. Every effort will be made to retrieve materials on demand, however, this will not always be possible. It is recommended that users request materials one business day in advance.
- Windward Community College students and staff must present a current Windward Community College ID or other valid ID to check out materials. When a second copy is available, the item may be borrowed for the designated loan period.
- Students and faculty of other UH campuses must use the materials in the library. They must present a current UH ID card or other valid picture ID in order to check out materials from the Hawaiian Collection Room.
- Community members must use the materials in the library. They must have a valid University of Hawaii Library Community Card and a picture ID in order to check out materials from the Hawaiian Collection Room.
A/V or Audio/Visual = DVDs, VHS, CDs, CD-ROMs, kits, and cassette tapes
Periodicals = Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers
- Reserve the Hawaiian Collection Room for class use, provided a library staff is available to monitor the room.
- Request a librarian to teach a session in the Hawaiian Collection Room.
Contact Tara Severns, Instruction Librarian, for more info or to reserve the room at (808) 235-7440 or email@example.com.
In addition, the Library welcomes all types of collaboration with instructors, so please contact us if you have an idea about how the Library can serve you and your students. Please click here for detailed information on library services for faculty.
Windward Community College Library