The Windward Community College Library has laptop computers which can connect to the wireless campus network. This policy outlines the responsibilities that individuals accept when they check out a laptop computer from the Windward Community College Library.
Eligible borrowers are students, faculty and staff of Windward Community College who
- Have a current, validated Windward Community College ID (available at the Student Activity Center, Hale ‘Ākoakoa room 232, ph: 235-7395), Hawaii Drivers License, Hawaii State ID, Kingdom of Hawaii ID, or a Military ID.
- Do not owe more than $10 to UH system libraries.
- Have read this policy and agreed to its terms by signing a WCC Laptop Borrower’s Agreement.
Borrowing of laptops:
Laptop users are expected to exercise reasonable care and must take the following precautions:
- Safeguard the laptop at all times; never leave it unattended. If the laptop is lost, stolen or damaged, repair and/or replacement costs and fines and processing fees will be charged.
- Save all work to a flash drive. All files saved to the laptop will be erased upon logging off or shut down. The Library is not responsible for any lost or damaged files.
- Close the screen securely when transporting the laptop as the screen can easily damage.
- Return the laptops directly to the staff at the Circulation Desk who will check for damage.
- Immediately report malfunctions and unusual programs or software to the Circulation Desk.
- Use the AC adaptor whenever possible to extend the battery life.
- Do not add, delete, or change any programs, applications, files, screen savers or bookmarks.
October 09, 2009