The Hawaiian Collection contains rare, out-of-print, and hard to obtain materials which must be protected from theft and damage. The Hawaiian Collection room is open only during posted hours and to visitors by advanced appointment.
- Visitors must leave all books, purses, backpacks, and other bags outside the room. Free lockers are available on each floor of the building. Only paper for note taking, pencils, and cameras for photographing documents will be allowed into the room.
- A scanner and copier is available in the room.
Hawaiian Collection items may be requested at the Circulation Services Desk.
- Items will be retrieved from the collection as staff is available. Every effort will be made to retrieve materials on demand, however, this will not always be possible. It is recommended that users request materials one business day in advance.
- Windward Community College students and staff must present a current Windward Community College ID or other valid ID to check out materials. When a second copy is available, the item may be borrowed for the designated loan period.
- Students and faculty of other UH campuses must use the materials in the library. They must present a current UH ID card or other valid picture ID in order to check out materials from the Hawaiian Collection Room.
- Community members must use the materials in the library. They must have a valid University of Hawaii Library Community Card and a picture ID in order to check out materials from the Hawaiian Collection Room.
Effective 9/27/12. Updated 9/10/13.