The Library at the University of Hawaii Windward Community College
Executive Conference Rooms Policies
Library Learning Commons
Executive Conference Room(s)
Hale Laakea, Rooms 304-305
Reservation and use of the conference room(s) is limited to the following:
- The WCC Office of the Chancellor may request to reserve the room(s) to host Executive Staff or UH Systemwide meetings, donor/fundraising events, accreditation team visits, etc.
- UH Systemwide groups may request use of the room(s) to host meetings and events. Examples of such groups include: the Wo Learning Champions, the UH Library Council, and the UH Marketing Directors.
- The room(s) may be reserved for UH system-wide training events, such as conferences, Learning to Learn seminars, etc.
- The WCC Librarians may reserve the room(s) for information literacy workshops and class visits to the library.
- The room(s) may be reserved a maximum of eight weeks in advance and a minimum of two working days in advance.
- Direct reservation requests to the Head Librarian, currently Tara Severns (Interim): email@example.com or 808-235-7440.
- Those reserving the room will be responsible for its setup, and for returning it to its prior state at the end of the event/meeting.
- A carpet sweeper and other cleaning supplies will be made available upon request.
- Extra chairs or tables must be requested at least two working days before the event.
- Food and beverages are allowed in the room(s).
- Beverages must be dispensed in covered containers when feasible (coffee cups with lids, sodas in bottles, etc.).
- Anyone wishing to serve alcohol must get permission in advance from the WCC Office of the Chancellor.
- Crumbs and spills must be thoroughly cleaned up as soon as possible.
- Following the event, all trash containing food or beverage must be carried out of the building and disposed of in a proper outdoor receptacle.
- Recyclables should be placed appropriately in the bins outside the room(s).
- The Staff Lounge may be used minimally to stage food and beverage service. Please keep the staging area as compact as possible to keep the room available to LLC staff for its intended purpose.
- The refrigerator is reserved for use by LLC staff.
- A member of WCCʻs admin, staff, or faculty must present their photo ID to check out the conference room keys.
- During the meeting or event, the emergency exit door from the lanai must remain unlocked and fully accessible. This must be locked again at the end of the meeting or event.
- The keys must remain in the building.
- The replacement cost for a lost key is $100.
WCC Library Home Page
Updated 3/20/2013 By Tara Severns