Skip to main content
Your Research Question
What can be done to make public K-12 education in Hawai'i more effective?
Education Reform Topics
View some ideas listed in: Sifferlin, Alexandra A. "How To Make Schools Better For Kids." Time, 7 Sept. 2015, pp.36-37.
Morel ideas from Wikipedia on "Education Reform."
- Longer school day or school year
- After-school tutoring
- Charter schools, school choice, or school vouchers
- Smaller class sizes
- Improved teacher quality
- Improved training
- Higher credential standards
- Generally higher pay to attract more qualified applicants
- Performance bonuses ("merit pay")
- Firing low-performing teachers
- Internet and computer access in schools
- Track and reduce drop-out rate
- Track and reduce absenteeism
- English-only vs. bilingual education
- Mainstreaming special education students
- Content of curriculum standards and textbooks
- Funding, neglected infrastructure, and adequacy of educational supplies
- Student rights
Hawaii Reporter: Education
Hawaii Reporter Inc. was launched in February 2002 as an independent, online news to cover key business, government, political and educational stories in Hawaii.
Honolulu Civil Beat: Education
Honolulu Civil Beat is the largest news outlet dedicated to public affairs reporting about Hawaii. Our focus is on investigative and watchdog journalism, in-depth enterprise reporting, analysis and commentary that gives readers a broad view on issues of importance to the community.
The Education Resource Information Center has education-related documents and articles.
Professional Development Collection
This subset of Academic Search Complete contains education-related journals & reports.
Teacher Reference Center
Articles and abstracts from education-related trade publications and journals.
Contemporary Issues Databases
Windward Community College Library